Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 3... "I totally thought those were your socks!"

I went to the bike shop to buy some bike shoes. Some people stared at my feet, but didn't say anything.

When the sales associate returned from the back room with my bike shoes, I had taken off my VFFs and replaced them with the socks I brought to try on the cycling shoes. He laughed loudly and said "Ohhhhhhh! I totally though those were your socks!"

I wondered to myself... really? As if I would just walk into a store wearing toe socks? Haha, I guess many people still haven't heard about these shoes.

In the same store however, a lady that had previously fitted my brother for his bike, remembered me. She saw my shoes and with a laugh said "Oh my god, have you started running in those yet?" I admittedly responded "No, I just got them." She then confessed that she has a pair, and didn't know you were supposed to "break them in" before starting your running regiment with them. YIKES! Apparently she was in major pain for a few days after that first run with her VFFs. This is a warning, DO NOT IMMEDIATELY START RUNNING ONCE YOU GET THESE SHOES!

On a sad note, I went to see my friend Helen last night. At one point in the night we had to run through the back lawn of her apartment building (long story) in the complete dark. The sad part: the one time in the past few days that I decided to wear my UGG slippers instead of my VFFs is the one time I wished I had something that I could run in and could help me feel the ground on which I was running. I was hesitant because I felt that I was going to trip over some lump in the grass or a few tree branches! Knowing Helen, there will be plenty of other times that we will have to do some running from something... so I'll be sure to wear my VFFs next time.

2 comments:

  1. You have a pair?! Wow, last night they totally would've been useful... so funny! I have a better story for you about VFFs but cannot post it due to its adult content. Loved seeing you last night! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes look amazing. I've been hearing all of this stuff about barefoot running. Pat actually got some shoes that make you run on the balls of your feet (not the heel, which most shoes make you do) like when you're running barefoot. I've done barefoot running but only on the beach because it's the only place where your feet won't get hurt! Sounds like I need some new shoes...

    Love the blog Dina! I think we need to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete